ChromaDriver™ Support Resources
Last updated: February 22, 2015
ChromaDriver™ has three levels of printer support. Download the printer support list below to determine how your printer is supported.
- Standard – Printer is supported with full set of Validation® media profiles. These may be CMYK or RGB depending on the printer. Appropriate for production printing.
- Proofing – Printer is supported with full set of Validation® media profiles. CMYK calibrations with G7 curves included. Printers in this category maintain a higher accuracy and allow for us to modify the curve when required to achieve a proof standard.
- Universal – Printer is supported within the software but Validation® media profiles do not yet exist. Printer will operate with a Validation® Universal profile allowing for the opportunity for us to work with you to develop new profiles.
Proofing Printer Support
- 7900, 9900
- 7890, 9890
- 7880, 9880
- 7800, 9800
- iPF x400 Series
- HP Z6100
Another important distinction is that CMYK-based printer control is available. This is not possible in a driver. This provides a direct and predictable color path to the printer, enabling standardized color management for Validation® and Magic® media.
This supported portfolio includes media for proofing, photo, fine-art, and display graphics. This provides the ability to package and simplify the back-end color management.
Please also note ChromaDriver™ has three levels of printer support. Download the printer support list to determine how your printer is supported.
- Standard – Printer is supported with full set of Validation® and Magic® Media profiles. These may be CMYK or RGB depending on the printer. Appropriate for production printing.
- Proofing – Printers supported in this category use Validation® Media only. CMYK calibrations and G7 curves enable proofing to industry standards.
- Universal – Printer is supported with a “universal” profile not specific to device/media combination. Contact FineEye to inquire about custom profiles for your use.
ChromaDriver™ is supported on both Mac and PC Platforms. A recent operating system as noted below is required.
- Mac: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or greater
- PC: Windows 7 or greater
ChromaDriver™ can drive a single printer of any size at one time. This printer can be changed, but the server needs to be shut down in between the transition.
The proofing version of ChromaDriver™ includes a service to increase accuracy required for proofing. This done by:
- Printing a target we provide
- Shipping the target to FineEye Color
- We will remotely adjust your ChromaDriver™ output to comply with industry standard proofing